"Day-Long" Saddles Optional Features
Below are some of the Optional Features we have available. If you have something specific you are looking for, please contact us with the details.
Most "Day-Long" Touring Saddles may be ordered with a built-in backrest for the driver. It features a single center support bar and a pad shaped to avoid interference with the passenger's legs. Folds forward over the front seat for easy passenger's mounting. Fully adjustable for the driver's comfort, easily removed. Handy snap-on pouch with removable strap is optional. See Sample Images>>
Other pictures of backrests can be seen in these photographs:
Yamaha FJR1300, BMW R1150R and Honda GL1800.
Back to Top
Seat Cover Choices
We offer four choices of material combinations for "Day-Long"¨ Saddle covers:
Back to Top
- All Vinyl: The most durable, weather resistant and generally carefree choice, and offers the best color match for most stock seat cover colors.
- Velour Inserts: Vinyl sides with 100% nylon velour inserts in the saddle area, where the riders come in direct contact with the cover. This combination offers the most "breathe", and freedom from perspiration problems. It is quite durable, very resistant to sun fading, comes in some attractive colors and produces a good looking seat.
- Leather Inserts: Joins the durability and color selections of vinyl for the sides of the Saddle with the luxurious feel of genuine leather in the seating area. Leather is easier to keep clean and more water proof than velour, and being a naturally porous material it "breathes" better then vinyl. Protected from the elements and periodically treated to restore its natural oils leather will outlast even the heaviest vinyl.
- All Leather: For the connoisseur of fine, richly appointed motorcycle accessories this is the only way to go. The additional effort required to protect, clean and condition an all leather Saddle is a small price to pay for the soft, supple, luxurious feel and appearance of genuine leather.
Quilting patterns allow the cover material to lay softly into the concave surfaces of a "Day-Long" Saddle and add some stylish design characteristics as well. Three patterns are available; Small Squares, Diamonds and Rectangles. The pictures of "Day-Long" Saddles on these pages show examples of these patterns. Consider the following tips, then select the pattern you prefer:
Back to Top
- Small Squares will provide a cooler ride on an all vinyl cover because the stitch lines trap more air between you and the cover, and the needle holes allow some air to pass through the vinyl.
- The Small Diamond pattern, the Large Diamond pattern and the Rectangle pattern will more closely resemble the stock patterns of most motorcycles, reducing the need to recover backrests for the sake of a better match.
- Now offering the Half Moon. It has the least amount of stitching and is the most water proof.
Rain covers are advised for all seat cover choices, including all vinyl, since the sewing machine needle holes render them less than 100% waterproof. Our rain covers are made from double coated nylon with little or no stitching except where the bungee cord is sewn into the perimeter. They are sized amply for a loose, wrinkle free fit.
See Sample Images>>
Back to Top
One-Day Ride-In Service
Bring yourselves and your motorcycle to our shop, and we'll build and install your "Day-Long" Saddle all in one day. This arrangement is strictly by appointment, and there is an extra charge (see Prices). This
process allows you to test sit the seat for comfort and make adjustments as needed before the seat goes to the covering department. Appointments are accepted for Tuesday through Friday only.
Due to the time factor involved to build, sit test, and cover your seat, we are limited to the extent of additions that we can offer. The RCP driver backrest and the seat heaters are the only options available for Ride-In services. Special pattern designs or multiple color designs must be pre-formed on a mail in service. Two Tone / 1 color insert, 1 color side boxing is acceptable on a Ride-In
The openings are limited and fill up quickly in the spring and summer months, so please call early if you want an appointment. Campgrounds and motels are available close by. We are located at 800 feet, so winter weather is not a factor.
Ride - In Policy:
Back to Top
Upon booking your ride-in appointment a deposit on the ride-in service of $80.00 is required. Russell Cycle Product requires a 72 hr.(3 day) notice of cancellation. The refund back will be 50% of the deposit. If you fail to contact us with-in the specified time your deposit will be forfeited. If you cannot make your appointment you can reschedule and your deposit will not be forfeited. Re-schedule must be done the same year of your original appointment and cannot be carried forward to the next season.